Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Update

Jo went back to school on the 19th January.  Contrary to popular belief by the rest of us, he was excited and happy to go.  In fact his 3 older siblings made such a fuss of him that morning.  All 3 walked him down to his classroom (mommy sat in the car, with the motor running), and made sure he was happy.  He has been all smiles every morning since.  It has been a pleasure.  Homeschool has been HARD.  Yes, I have not had to worry about labeling stationary, uniforms, bags, sports kits and 7am school runs - but it has been hard from an emotional and mental side.  I knew it would be.  Perhaps I should have envisioned it as being easier?  Law of attraction and deliberate intent and all that jazz. 

So, I'm working hard. HARD.  In case anyone out there thinks I've taken an easy lazy path.  This has been anything but.  I find that I doubt myself alot and my decision - and that bugs me the most.  I have to constantly remind myself WHY I'm doing this and how I felt all those months ago when I happened upon this path.  I am at peace more when I remember how I felt then. 

We're all working hard.  My mind boggles when I come across folk who have nothing to do all day.  I think REALLY?  Nothing to do?  Unbelievable.  One of the perks to this new lifestyle is that Brod & I are making even more of an effort to hang out together away from the home and responsibilties there.  Those have been really fun moments, and we have some good memories already at the start of 2011.  Living bigger than before.  In every area of our lives I hope. 

Phoebe and Sophie started Piano this week.  It's Phoebe's 2nd year and Sophie's first.  They are thrilled be back and Sophie can't believe her luck.  She wore the most awesome outfit for her first lesson.  Her swimming costume.  She is a very chilled child.  Noah and Phoebs have the most wonderful Speech and Language therapist who adores them as much as they adore her, Carmen.  Not sure how she feels about the rest of us, eating all her peppermints in the waiting room, all the loo visits, and general chaos that takes place while she's working with one of the 2. 

The girls are still doing their swimming training, I use the term 'training' very loosely.  They amble across the pool in such a ladylike fashion it's quite enthralling to watch.  They really don't care if they are slower than everyone else and laugh and have huge chats with eachother.  Too funny(when I don't think about how much I'm paying their trainer to teach them!!!!!).  I sit in wait in the car these days.  I can't handle it - I'm the queen of impatience.  I used to sit there yelling at them to speed up.  

Yesterday, we popped into the Kloof & Highway SPCA to pass the time between Language & swimming. The kids played on the jungle gym and I sat for 5 minutes.  While we had some hot chips - made to kill us off of course - Noah and I sat chatting.  He was wondering why one of the young women in our ward told Phoebe that she adores him.  He asked me why?  And then asked if she was a kid.  He's learning all about appropriate age behaviour I think.  He asked the same thing of their hair dresser yesterday.  She was telling him that her mom had to fetch her.  "Are you a kid?" he asked.  She laughed so hard.  She's in her 20's.  I love listening to my kiddies.  They say the funniest things.  Wish I wrote them down more.

A happy day to you all.  I need to go chat with my girls' Zulu Tutor quick.  I am not brave enough to teach a third langauge my self!!!!

xxx
P.S Brod is well if anyone is interested.  He leads a very mundane life.  Work, church, the occassional wave, dates with me:) and the odd cycle to play tennis or teach seminary.  He does play with the children a lot and makes them answer copious amounts of questions to test their knowledge - and then has a good laugh at their answers.  He is wonderful.  I love him even more than yesterday or anytime before. 

PPS Sorry there are no pics, still having problem uploading them.  Urgh.  

No comments: