Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dish washing thoughts

Goggle girl Phoebe
When I'm standing washing the dishes every night my mind starts firing in all directions and it keeps coming back to a common thought.  My kids don't really know me.  I'm the moaning, nagging, firey mommy who yells alot and frowns a lot and is always tired.  That's not fair.  When Brod and I go away together - and it's just us - I'm really happy and keen for lots of adventures and every little thing excites me...there has to be a balance between responsible mommy Melissa & carefree wife and adventurer Melissa.  I wonder if this is a common lament amongst other mothers. It does seem unfair.  I'd like my little ones to see a happier me.  The other night I was running around the house with a little painting I'd produced a while back considering getting it framed, and where I'd hang it...I was happy and excited(aka.being me) and Sophie leans over to Brod, pats him on the arm and says,'Mom's in a good mood tonight'.  Nuts. I need to train myself to be in a good mood more often.

No comments: