Friday, May 21, 2010

My latest find

Noah was in Speech with Carmen Robbertse the other day, Jonah & Ethan were messing up the waiting room while I sat and paged through one of the mags. (might i quickly mention that Carmen only has the latest & best magazine's in her waiting room - so I tend to get my magazine fix there) and I came across the latest (of course) Elle Decoration Mag.  Wow.  Gorgeous local talent!  I stumbled across Heather Moore and was hooked.  I have since become an avid Skinny Laminx follower and am in awe of her talent.

And, hooray!!!, she's on Etsy - the first SA designer I have found and ships from Cape Town.  And I am thrilled :)  And I'm still smiling, and eating some Traditional Vanilla & Strawberry marshmallows from Woolies dusted in icing sugar. 

I went to the local art shop yesterday - I am determined to start my drawing again, even got 2 small canvases (for R10 each!) and after wondering around in a daze (I often do that when I'm buying art supplies - never know what I'm supposed to really get & like to stick to a tiny budget...so I walk away from most of the stuff) I walked away with my little brown paper bag, and inside I had a drawing pad, coloured pencils & my 2 little canvases.  And I felt just grand.  And in my euphoric state I went to 2 local art galleries to get quotes on framing for one of my completed drawings & almost fainted when they gave me the price.  I think I'll have to crop the picture & drastically reduce the size of the frame and then pay them off in monthly installments :) Ho hum, what a conundrum. 

Life is good. And it's the weekend!

xx

1 comment:

Claire said...

oh etsy...don't get me started on that one! i have a necklace on it's way to me from a talented girl in the US--check out madison reece designs.com