Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Enchanting Africa

Yesterday I was up at 2am...kids.  And due to a restless mind, started the washing, did accounts and had a look at all my current favourite blogs.  Shawni's blog gives me lots of inspiration at the moment.  I then proceeded to make the family breakfast - egg, bacon, pancakes, rooibos. 

Once the kids were off to school with our most favourite bus driver Brod, I got a call from Cindy to invite me out for a Mug & Bean breakfast.  I do love a morning out(of course all I had space for was a muffin & tea & my eyes were pretty heavy by then & I couldn't speak very clearly from exhaustion) - and really enjoyed the visit with Cindy & Nadine. 

Nadine has started her own Travel & Tours company called " Enchanting Africa". She's been in the industry for all the years I've know her & has finally decided to dig for diamonds in her own back yard, and is doing so well already.  I love being around such motivated and exciting people - it really inspires me!  Cindy and I begin our first art class next Tuesday at my place - she has the knowledge & talent and I have the desire - so I'm hoping for some special creations to come out of those few hours every week. 

I'll keep you posted!

The kids are all well - P & S are counting down the days till school holidays with glee.  They've each made a count down worm & are thrilled to cross off the days.  Swimming again today - they have a great instructor who enjoys their funny ways.  N & J are still puzzling along nicely - they sit together in their PJ's each morning during breakfast working on the same puzzle.  Very sweet.  Brod is busy with work & busy with play & looking happy.  There's always time for a laugh and music - which we have blasting in the office while he works on portfolios.   Life is stressful & filled with obligations, but we're working hard & doing our best.

xxx

No comments: