Sunday, May 30, 2010

This week we...



  • Travelled up to PMB to collect our new Defy 13kg washing machine (bliss) thanks to Gumtree (SA's fledgling version of Craiglist), then took the kids to get Micky D's (Mac Donalds) & chased the sun till it set at Midmar dam, found a gorgeous spot on a grassy hill overlooking the dam & munched our way through the happy meals.  What a happy time.
  • got the girls to school super early every day (the boys were tardy thanks to me) much to Sophie's relief and they got to travel in style with their Papa (my dad).
  • planned Phoebe's 9th Birthday party, set for Friday 4th June @ our place.  We decided on the games & menu for the afternoon.  And sent the invites out.  Very sweet.
  • This week I coaxed Cindy Picolo to come over to my place Tuesday morning & paint with me - and it was WONDERFUL.  We discovered some great new colours & transformed our paintings from nay to YAY in 2 hours while we chatted and laughed. 
  • got a big box of wooden blocks...and I painted some of them & then sold them yesterday(my good old 'HOME' & 'LOVE' blocks).
  • baby-sat baby Rose for Bronwyn (she turned 28 on the 28th!).  I guess the girls really did all the baby sitting - Rose loves the kids and gets carried around the whole time.  I think she forgets about using her  legs when she comes here:)
  • went birthday shopping for Phoebe...she has expressed a wish to accumulate clothing this year.
  • (Brod & I) went on an impromptu date Wednesday night to the Pavillion, Brod had an appointment, so my mom watched the kids for us & I went with him.  We went to a movie (1/2 price Wednesday) and watched Iron Man 2 (& enjoyed it) - I always enjoy movies these days since I hardly pay anything for them:)
  • worked, worked, worked!  In the office & in the house
  • enjoyed the company of Simon Cooper (an ex mission companion of Brod's from JHB Mission).  He has come out with his family from the UK this week - so his brother could run the Comrades marathon today.  Lots of laughter & memories.  It's been great. 




2 comments:

Claire said...

great update, melis. and that painting...i NEED it. so glad you're into it again.

Unknown said...

Claire - you are awesome! My one & only fan. Thanks for the compliment - it's the colours really that make it work. You have made my day.xxxx