Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nothing ALWAYS means something...

I quite enjoy the conversations I have with my children. They make me laugh a lot(on later reflection mostly).

Like this morning, for instance. I heard a thud upstairs, "Children!?", "Yes?", "What are you doing?", "Nothing:)". I have learnt over my almost 11 years of parenting that NOTHING, always means, SOMETHING.

And the 'something' means 'work' for me. Husbands just don't get it.  They don't get how one moment their beautiful wife can be sitting relaxing on the couch (sofa), throwing her head back with gay laughter and merriment as they re-count their days adventures and have some special 'couple' time - and that in a FLASH, she can be replaced with a witch. A witch so instantly bad and grotesque that any resemblance to the former beauty is gone. 

I have often transformed into a witch in front of Brod. It takes seconds. And in this state, I have, on the odd occasion, looked across at him, and seen that look of absolute horror come over his face. I have even laughed, in my mind, and thought - 'Shame, poor guy', yet battled onwards and upwards to the source of my anger. I suppose it really must be quite shocking.  And you know, I never meant to be a witch.  I'd much prefer to stay the princess with no frown lines, or murderous eyes. 

It's called survival baby.

That's how I roll.

With my broomstick, through the air.

1 comment:

Claire said...

love it! and i totally get ya, sista! :)