Monday, July 25, 2011

Catch up

The last few weeks have gone by in a blur for our family. We try plan ahead, but have truthfully been operating dad to day.  
So here's what we've been up to lately...
19 July - Brodwyn, sweet Brodwyn, the LOVE of my life, turned a new age.  His birthday popped out of nowhere and was happily celebrated by myself, and our little chickens.  This year he was gifted with practical gifts all bought from 1 store (the day before - yikes!It was convenient and last minute - hooray for Mr.Price Sport:)). We baked his favourite Vanilla tray cake, and sang Happy Birthday to him while he sat in a Church Meeting.  Truly, we did not feel too sorry for him - he had already taken a few slices from the MIDDLE of the cake, before he left.  
20th July - Phoebe and Sophie had piano with Sammi around the corner from us.  They have been doing very well, and are on the Beginner level.  They both scored an A+ for their end of term exam - so we were all thrilled.  Phoebe will be playing "Keep the Commandments" with Sammi in our Ward Primary Presentation at the end of August.
I got to meet up with Sherene, and enjoy a hot cup of Horlicks & huge piece of chocolate cake - which I only didn't finish so she'd not think me a total piggy.  It was great chatting, laughing and crying. The support from friends has been really overwhelming since my dad has passed away.
Brod and I whisked ourselves off to Olive & Oil for a quiet evening - and had a good time.  Delicious Mediterranean food and delightful company made for an awesome evening. 
21st July - Another poignant day in our Family, dad was cremated today.
23rd July - we lunched with my brother Nathan & his lovely wife Chrystal and their kiddies.  Chrystal and I jammed to Guitar Hero for a bit before my fingers felt like jelly, and I'd had enough of my nephew and his friend laughing at me! Never grow out of embarrassment I guess.
Phoebe & Brod baked the Pioneer Pudding in preparation for Pioneer Day on Sunday. The recipe was in the latest Friend magazine. 
24th July - Pioneer Day!  Since the pudding had already been baked the night before - and we were still waiting for lunch to be cooked...we decided to have a back to front lunch and started with dessert ! Pioneer Pudding (rice pudding) with vanilla ice-cream was for starters with beef stew for lunch.  Brod and I fell into bed for an afternoon nap.  Hiram, Amanda and their 2 boys came for a long visit and more pudding next to a nice warm fire in the lounge. Nice.

x x x

No comments: