Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meandering down memory lane

Yesterday was great fun - we celebrated with breakfast on the deck with my folks...good quantities of delicious food & great company.  And lots of reminiscing!  We laughed about so many things that took place 11 years ago, and then when my parents were at their storeroom going through my grans old photo's - they came across photographic evidence of all the things we'd been laughing about.  Pictures of our car, that some of the YSA had decorated for us (which Brod promptly insisted that they wash off before we left the chapel), me, gripping my eye after I'd been rose petal attacked, my dad signing the consent form in the parking lot.  So many funny shots.

It's good remembering where we've come from, to appreciate even more where we are now. 

Lizzie came over to watch the kids for us, and off we went to enjoy some Brod & Melissa time - and ended up at the movies watching Date Night...I laughed so hard I choked on my mint & ended up having a coughing fit.  It's great to see that other couples experience the insane things that we do - the most ludicrous arguments and crazy moments with wild children.  It's like being a part of a great support group - giving us the stamina to endure!  And it eases my aching nerves. 

Time to prepare for another installment of church @ 10am.  Cheerio.

1 comment:

Ryan Botha said...

Ahh Meliss! Who knew you blogged?!
Your family is awesome, well done! and how sad that I am commenting via the blog rather than in person.. tsk tsk.

Ciao my friend!