Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another crazy week

And it's almost over - hooray!  We had a Young Women 'Heart Attack' evening last night at Helen Wilfords place for Aimee Wilford and Pearl Lofstrand - in the dreadful weather...we were all cold and soaked and hiding for 30 minutes while we waited for them to arrive.  It was lots of fun, and a great suprise for both the girls - Tracy Wiblin(my fantastic counsellor) got the girls a gift bag each with a lovely I LOVE SA Journal (which we all wrote in) and some other niknaks.  We had decorated Helen's lounge with red hearts & balloons - the girls were hiding behind curtains, behing chairs - lying prostrate on the floor...good thing the lights were off.  Aurene had baked heart shaped cupcakes which disappeared very quickly.  Tonight we are having an end of year Christmas Party for the girls - combined with Kloof YW, our last activity of the year. 

Noah & Jonah finish school tomorrow - Father Christmas is bringing them some Gogo's - they were pretty keen for them last week, they have been begging for them whenever they see their big cousins playing with theirs...however, I am not sure they will know what they are when they open them tomorrow.  I could kick myself - it was a toss up between the Transformers & Gogo's...I may have chosen the wrong toy.  Joys of Motherhood.  I stuggle with indecision.  It plagues my life. 

The girls only break up from school on the 11th Decemebr - another whole week.  I can see it takes every ounce of their strength to get out of bed in the mornings as we count down to the last 5 days.  Admittedly - it saps even more of my strength.  I am a school holidays fan.  I've been sewing up a storm today - to match the weather - still overcast and raining...been like this for days - I need the sun.  Not so great wearing jerseys in summer.

No comments: