Thursday, December 24, 2009

1 More Sleep

After counting down for weeks with the kids, we have finally arrived at the '1 More Sleep' spot.  Noah keeps saying, "Ahhh, it's taking FOREVER mom!"

It's my mom's birthday today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

What a crazy week.  I gave a talk on Sunday in church about how much I enjoy a simple Christmas - I spoke too soon, this has been the most insanely hectic & complicated week of December!  After standing and ironing for over an hour last night - I felt that something just HAD to give.  I have been making lots of gifts this year & have had some orders too to make different items - it's been great...but CRAZY. 

Brod just slipped out to do more Santa Shopping - we went out yesterday for some last minute things & for a date.  It has been a year since Brod's dad, Sigmund passed away & we have happy memories of the day we spent last year celebrating his life - so felt to go out & do it again.  The year has flown by.  So many lessons, and experiences in 2009 that I am thankful for, and scarred for life as well I reckon!  Ha ha!  Life has been full & filled with new adventures.  Brod and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary by going to the Karkloof Canopy Tours. 

The happy couple :)


Me screaming my way down the valley - proving I have good strong lungs



My hectic kuif.

Phoebe, our 8 year old, was baptised on her birthday - with all our special friends & family around to support her.  All the children in the baptistry clapped when she came out of thr water - so funny - it was really such a happy experience.  Hiram has all the pics on his camera, don't know if I'll ever get them.

Brod has completed his 2nd year of being an Independant Broker - it's been an amazing experience for us.  I started working with him in Feb of this year.  The work load has escalated - but it's great being together so much.  I have really appreciated learning from him and watching him work - and have really learned to admire him, he has an awesome understanding of the financial world.


Megan Matthews, Richard Van Zyl, Kirtsy Jubber & Felicity Van Zyl. Cameron Loftstrand was hiding behind the camera.

Brod also finished his first year as Early Morning Seminary Teacher - held in our house every morning during the school term.  He had a great group of youth, they had a lot of fun.  I am still wondering if he is teaching again next year?...


The end of year Seminary Breakfast with the class of 2009

I completed my first year as YW President - we have had some great activities and I have such a great group of lovely girls that are very entertaining and lots of fun.  I have 2 great counsellors (Tracy Wiblin & Kirby Chazen) and now have a secretary - which is great (Kelly Cameron).  Thursday nights have been our activity nights, we participated in the Stake Talent Show - and won! With a short version of Liken's 'Esther & the King'.  Had a great Youth Convention just outside Estcourt ( temps of 4 degrees & below outside).  

Megan Matthews, Baili CHazen, Mikaela Matthews & Michaela Wiblin in the back of our car on the way to the Temple. 

We've also had great family adventures & outings.

The Von Brughan families, and Slabberts @ the Botanical Gardens

Playing in the shore break @ Ushaka Beach

Phoebe & my Mom after Phoeb's class assembly @ KJP

Sophie was the flower girl for Niki & Greg Higgs - such a happy wedding

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE - we hope you feel the Spirit of Christ this year & it carries through to 2010 with you.

Lots of love.

No comments: