Thursday, February 9, 2012

The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day.

So how did you spend yours?

Dear World.
Today I woke up nice and early & read a book to wake up.
Jo joined me.
We chatted - and then plonked downstairs for breakfast & the 1st load of washing.
Phoebe joined us. 
We breakfasted together on an apple crumble.
Crumbs.
Then Noah joined us.
Got my morning hug fix and whispered terms of endearment.
Then Sophie appeared.
And our day began.

I drove off to art.
Brod went to the office - which is opposite the kitchen.
Phoebe & Sophie knuckled down to some school work & the boys ran off on an adventure,

I swam at art.
Cathy, my art teacher - has a sprawling Spanish Villa & a gorgeous blue pool.
It is summer here. Art lessons are hot - and I'm going through an early menopause - at the ripe old age of 33.
So I swam.
And smiled.
And swam.
And floated under a brilliant sun, and grey-white clouds, and listened to the birds and watched the bugs.
And laughed - and smiled, and was deliciously content.

I think I will make that first hour of the day tomorrow - even better.
So the rudder steers me in a good direction.

Even better.

I'm selling my art. By the way. 
It feels time.

No comments: