Wednesday, April 20, 2011

If you think about what you should do for others, your character will take care of itself.

One of the huge pines in our garden
Those wise words us top - said by Woodrow Wilson, are ringing true for me at the moment.  I'm trying to be more aware of other's needs and helping in small ways wherever I can.  It's making me so selfishly happy:)  Doing good for others makes me feel great.  That's probably why I do it. 

I'm missing having my sister Tracey around, so fill my sad and sorry thoughts with doing good to others. She's off with her family in the USA having a huge adventure.  I've spring cleaned the house, cleared my cupboards of clothes not worn in the last six months(that's gonna turn around and bite me as I enter winter now!!!!), and chucked and chucked and chucked.  And it's been great.  I'm passing it all on to others who might need it. The only crazy thing is...there's still so MUCH left.  I walk into the dining room and all I can see is books, and papers and toys and and and.  Driving me nuts.  The girls are a nervous wreck when I walk into their room - with my orange Mondi re-cycling bag.  They run and grab whatever they can,before I throw it in the bin.  Honestly, every month, I walk out of that room with a black bag FULL of paper, old toys and general junk.  I have no clue how it's getting in there in the first place.

April has turned into my best month yet of 2011.  I'd like to see if May can try top it.

No comments: