Friday, October 8, 2010

Update

This entry will have to remain photo-less for now.  All my pics are...you guessed it STILL on Brod's phone & he's out for the morning. This past weekend we took the kids camping.  They LOVED it.  I am generally not a camper - I love the outdoors but the evenings...enter darkness, exit Melissa.  I feel claustraphobic and struggle with the loooonnnngg nights that camping generally bring.  So this time, I maximised the daylight hours so I could just crash at night.  And it worked - on the 2nd night.  We hardly saw the girls - they spent almost the entire time cycling (and the evenings moaning about sore bums from the seats), or exploring, and the boys were doing their usual - getting full of dam mud, being super heroes and playing in the water.  Brod & I, well we worked hard.  It was great.  So special being with the kids, watching them discover new things, enjoying the freedom of the dam, and being together. 

This weekend we are off to Jo'burg to catch a session or two at the Temple, and visit family, family, family.  The kids are itching to see their cousins, and aunts and uncles - and so, once again - I will spend my Friday morning preparing for our trip.  Of course, as of right now, none of the family know we are coming, so this could be interesting. 

Phoebe and I are discussing Home Schooling. 

Sophie, Noah & Jonah are in on it too. 

It is a very appealing subject in our household at the moment as we contemplate all the ins and outs and if we are REALLY ready for it.  Phoebe has been on at me for 3 years now to do this, and next year - it may just happen.  Possibilities are endless really.  Brod is supportive and wonderful about it all as always, just watching with a weary eye though. 

I am so grateful to be surrounded by such supportive and special friends and family who are keen to see us succeed at whatever we try.  Their wise counsel has really boosted me.  Brod, my wonderful Brod. Gina - my Homeschooling Guru (one of the mom's from Beehive who is homeschooling her older kiddies) and who always brings me back to a calm place when my mind is boggling about all the possible stumbing blocks.  Tracey, my sister, who has given me her approval and go-ahead :) Amanda, my sister-in-law and walking buddy(on a Tuesday & Thursday-I do love a fresh Kloof morning walk) - who always supports & encourages me.  Sammy, my other walking buddy (just not today :( since I'm here packing and blogging so can't be out there walking the roads of Winston park), who is the one who directed me to the Focus on the Family..."Your Family Talk" radio station where I downloaded all the Homeschooling talks from(and purposefully DID NOT listen to those ones herself because she knew how it would make her feel!  Thanks Sam!). 

This weekend is decision time - so I'm taking my thoughts to a Higher Power and will go from there.

All in all life is good.  We are happy, being watched over, and meeting new and exciting moments each day.  2010 is definitely on my list of AWESOME years.  And we are surrounded by a really great support structure, which makes it all so much better. 

No comments: